Sunday, June 23, 2019

R.I.P ORT JAR

It was bound to happen at some point.  The jar already had two cracks in it.  I loved that jar.  I don't want to throw it out.  Out it must go now.

Here's what happened:

My friend K came over yesterday with her two boys (D and E) and her man Z.  It's a new place for D and E so exploring and touching and rooting around is what went on.  Personally I think exploring is good for little kids until they start exploring my crafty stuff...then I get a little bitey.  

It was my mistake really.  I put my beloved ORT jar on the dining table.  E decided he wanted to color.  While I was removing my things from the table he knocked the ORT jar over and that was it for the ORT jar.  


It cracked in a really cool way.  Sadly, handling this with anything but care will see the shards separate and hands will be sliced....not a good plan when there's a stitch a thon for the win starting at 7 pm today!

I have a temporary ORT jar that is cute and has a lid that I am confident will be lost sometime in the next 48 hours.


This jar used to house Alaska pickled kelp which is yummy and great as relish if you chop it up finely.  The jar is pretty cute too and may end up being the permanent ORT jar if it continues sitting there being cute.

Here's the update from the last blog post from a thousand and 87 years ago:

I did not get the permanent position with the school.  That was a huge bummer for me and I ended up throwing out all the plans...A, B and C and whatever else was in my head and figured I should keep my goals smaller for the time being.

I have received a pre-hiring packet from Dollar General.  It's here in my small town, so no long distance driving.  They pay isn't great but I honestly don't need much.  So there's that.

This evening marks the beginning of the speed stitch portion of the UXS Stitch a Thon for June.  I'm hoping to have a page finish on Blue Mermaid before that starts.  


One of the boys visiting yesterday told me that Blue Mermaid was "creepy" when I showed him the original artwork.  I suppose it could be creepy, but honestly I love it and my brother REALLY loves it, so it's being stitched.  My brother is also going to rename his boat Blue Mermaid.


I have picked out his paint colors for when he paints his boat so it will be blue striped with the trim being dark blue and the cabin a pale blue.  His boat is a definite work in progress....and no, he doesn't like that he has that ghetto fridge on his back deck. He's been waiting for the inside fridge he ordered to come in for six months now.  The Alaska Bush...gotta love it.

My focus piece for this week's craziness will be my beloved Thordak (Fire and Ember).  Once I finish that last bit on my Blue Mermaid, I'll prep Thordak and be ready for 7 pm.  Can't wait!!  If you remember from the previous stitch a thon, I came in second place.  This time it will be first place, baby!


Ten pages left on this one, so let's see how far I get!  Maybe I can get that middle filled in nicely by the end of the week.

I'm going to breakfast with my son today (mom and son date) so I'll be happy and fueled for the stitching that will happen when I return.  First I must bury the ORT jar and say goodbye to that old friend.  It seems only right that there is a thunderstorm going on right now as I head out to do that deed.

Because I haven't been here blabbing away, I haven't checked up on you all in awhile.  Here's hoping you all are safe, happy and healthy!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are doing ok. Sorry that the job didn't go through and sorry for the loss of your beautiful ort container. Stash the lid for the new jar in a drawer or poke a hole in the top of the lid knot one end of ribbon, yarn, or jute put through hole and tie around the top of the jar. Lids still usable and won't get lost. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH gosh! I hadn't even thought of that! Thank you so very much :D

      Delete
  2. I was just wondering about you so glad to see a post. Poor ort jar but I agree with you the new one is really cute. I bet Roy will like it too. Beautiful progress on Blue Mermaid and Thordak. Sorry you didn't get the position. I hope you enjoy the local one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll blab more about the job in my next blog :D Roy has been hanging out with my biscornu and enjoying the weather by the window haha!Wait until you see Blue Mermaid progress! she's going to be so lovely.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, not the ORT jar! The new one is really cute too, though. Good luck with the Stitchathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad that a good companion has succumb to breakage but your new ORT jar is really sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, and it was such a pretty colour for your ort jar.
    Sorry about the job, hopefully Dollar General will work out.
    I love that your brother is naming his boat Blue Mermaid, awesome!

    ReplyDelete