Thursday, May 2, 2019

Why Are We Waiting?

As you may or may not know, I work for an temp agency, but we refer to each job as a "contract" because that's what it is.  It was my hope,when I signed on with this company, to meet many people, get some networking in there, and get a good local resume built up with plenty of happy references.

I have been successful thus far.  My work has been 100%, showed up on time, left the places better than when I got there.

My latest contract has been at an alternative high school and the first week there I knew I liked this job.  The contract was for an undetermined amount of time (until someone was hired) which could be two weeks or months and months.  The second week in I'm being told by everyone I should apply if I haven't and so I did.  Two weeks after that I had my interview...yesterday as a matter of fact.

At the interview I was informed that tomorrow I should know who was hired.  I find it very amusing that I was the person the other interviewee greeted when she arrived and I was the person who informed the principal and another employee that she was there for her interview.  Several others think it's really funny as well.  That interviewee seemed nice, she's middle aged, soft spoken.  If I knew what her resume had on it and how the interview went I'd have a better feel for what news I may get tomorrow.  Sadly all I could do was sneaky peeks through the glass into the room they were interviewing in and couldn't guess how it was going.

Here's option A for tomorrow:

I get off work at 5:00 pm and by 5:15 pm my company will call me to tell me my contract has ended.

Here's option B for tomorrow:

I get a call from the school's HR offering me the job and at 5:15 pm tomorrow I get the call from my company telling me that my contract has ended.

Option B is preferred.  The teacher's, counselors and the other Administrative Assistant I work with all want me to just be hired so I never leave.  I love this, but have a tiny worry that they will be disappointed.  Of course, we will continue thinking positively and continue doing my work like I own that job.  LIKE A BOSS!

Tonight is Critical Role with Nancy and I'm stitching May's NFSAL which I cannot show you since it won't be released until Saturday on Deviant Art and five days later on Magical's blog.  I'm antsy though.  I want to know.  I need to know.  I'm dyyyyyyyyyyyyyying to know!

For now, let's just go stab some fabric with delicious Dinky Dyes silk floss and make something pretty.

Until next time......KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

10 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for the phone call you desire! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did they ever get back to you? Seems unprofessional of them if they don't inform you one way or the other.

      Delete
  2. I'm projecting all my optimism towards you today! Why would they want to hire anyone but you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope whatever happens ends up being exactly what you need. You deserve to be happy. Of course I'm behind so you already know what happened. I just don't. I'm trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got the job! Fingers crossed (although I realize you've known for a while at this point).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla,
    Thinking of you and hoping you got the job!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your doing ok and just busy with stitching and work. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might be likewise a reasonably wonderful short article that we all most certainly most popular assessing. Might be no day-after-day in which watch the possibility to look through unit. state of alaska jobs

    ReplyDelete