Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May 1st!

The crazy month of April and the KLT vs Jodyri competition is over!  I do plan on doing a lengthy post about the second half of the month, but not today.  Today marks the first day of daily blog posts again and I thought I would share one thing that went on during the middle of the month....two things really.

The Spring Mystery SAL

For seven days I suffered some horribleIhavenoideawhatitwascomingoutofmybutt issue.  Seven days.  Five of which were cause for concern and I was almost ready to go see a doctor about it and wouldn't you know it, everything settled down and I was able to get back into working and participating in the competition.

The Spring Mystery SAL started on April 19th and pattern parts were released every few hours.  What was I doing?  Bed to couch to bathroom to bathroom to couch to bed to bathroom and then the bathroom again, rinse, repeat.  I had the two pre-stitches done, but could barely consider stitching which hurt my feelings as I suffered yet another trip to the bathroom.  The burning, liquefaction of everything I had ever eaten coursing through my body and exiting triumphantly while sweat gushed down my face...........WILL IT EVER END?  Shaky legs carried me hither and yon, hither and yon for days and days.

The Spring Mystery SAL.  I completely missed out.  It was all I could do to participate minimally in the competition!  But the SAL!  I wanted to participate in that so badly!  But NO, I had to clean the bathroom four times.  My RV smelled like an over flowing porta john left in the hot sun to percolate.  Windows were opened, one at a time.  Every time I used my body to do anything ended up in a race back to the bathroom.

Coughing and sneezing?  Oh HECK NO.  Might as well just wait it out in the bathroom.  A few times I did.

One day I had tried to go to work thinking I'd be okay.  Halfway to work.....IT slipped out without warning.  Helpful tip about this situation:  always have a plastic bag in the glove box for just such occasions.  It's a barrier between my now full pants and the fabric of my car seat.  I pulled into a parking lot and called out of work that day, crying, humiliated that my possessed bowels couldn't get a grip, or, at the very least, give some kind of warning.  Drove home and stepped directly into the shower.  More cleaning.

At the time this wasn't as funny as it is now.  But then, even at the time I wasn't down in the dumps...so to speak.  I did watch a few movies...thankful I could hit pause or rewind if I didn't have time to pause.

Did I lose weight?  I'm not sure.  I keep forgetting to step on the scale at work to see if maybe one or two of these sexy extra pounds may have fled my body.

Do you think this was one of those TMI or oversharing moments?  You betcha it is!!  But why not?  If nothing else you giggled at my expense (it's what I aim for) and are now stuffing a plastic bag in the glove box!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!


8 comments:

  1. So sorry you were so sick. No fun! I agree with your idea of keeping a plastic bag in the car. Years ago I had a similar situation (monthly problem) and was so grateful that I had a plastic bag in my car to sit on. It was a 90-mile drive home from a retreat that I had to leave early due to my problem and I thought I would never make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh that sounds awful! I'm glad you had the bag :D So helpful to have on hand.

      Delete
  2. That must have been a horrible week, but glad to read you're finally and thankfully better. Dehydration must have been a real worry so, even now, keep taking those fluids in small but regular portions; sounds like you've got a lot to make up.
    Not being able to stitch must have been a nightmare but hopefully you'll be able to get back into the swing of things now and maybe even catch up. Wishing you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm stitching again! I'm glad it's over as well, I was keeping up with the drinking of the water since that seemed to be the only liquid I could handle. Thank you so much for the love :D

      Delete
  3. I want you to know that I read this while eating my lunch. I did finish eating my lunch, so your oversharing can't have been that bad! I still think you should have gone to see the doctor, but I'm glad you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so wonderful! If I had health care coverage I would have gone by day 3, but since I don't I practice the wait and see method sadly. If I get hired at the school I'll have health coverage right away!

      Delete
    2. Right, there's that, and it always slips my mind since I just can't wrap my head around it...hopefully soon!

      Delete
  4. Oh I so know how you felt. It's the worst feeling in the world though. Glad to hear you are feeling better now. Finally getting caught up on blog reading.

    ReplyDelete