Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thursday!

Yep, it's Thursday and that means tonight Nancy and I will be stitching together while watching Critical Role.

Okay, so Nancy still lives in Canada.  I now live in Colorado.  I haven't hugged Nancy since she and her folks went to Juneau, Alaska, where I gave them a personal tour of the area several years ago.  10 hours was not enough time!  We barely made it back to their ship (ten minutes to spare) in time.  I should have just kept them and taken them home with me, ha, ha. 

But, with good friendships, we still chat while we watch our shows together.  It's nice to have that one person who "gets it" as the saying goes.

Tonight I'll be stitching on Weaver's Bird SAL and have made a little bit of a dent with some tail feathers already and expect to finish this tonight during the show.


I did make another washcloth of a more manageable size and finished the ruffle today.  I really want to make more tonight but stitching must be done!


Placed on top of the larger ones you can see the difference in size.  I also love the striping.  Sadly, after a year or so of use those stripes will fade.

Lucy and I have spent lots of time at the dog park yesterday and today.  It was hot yesterday and hot again today.  When we arrived today everyone was leaving so we had the park to ourselves which was weird but fun.  Wore each other out stomping around and around.


We were pooped when we got home and Lucy proceeded to hog the couch, did NOT demand belly rubs but promptly began snoring.  Can't wait to go tomorrow!

Have a great night, call an old friend and tell them how much you miss them!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

7 comments:

  1. Such fun to stitch along with a friend. And I look forward to the warm weather getting here so I can play with my dog in the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog park here is incredibly awesome! I hope you get to go out soon with your dog..the fresh air and exercise does both some good :D

      Delete
  2. How fun to have such a great friend. I have some friends who don't stitch and some friends who do. Janet who just posted a comment before me is a person I have got together in life and stitched. I really enjoy stitching with others. Next weekend I'm going to a stitching retreat in Southern Indiana. Love the new washcloth and of course I love the Lucy pics. How fun to have the place to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having lived in Alaska for so long I'm just now meeting in person many other stitchers :D I hope you and Janet get to stitch together again!

      I'm also envious of your retreat....just sayin :D

      Delete
  3. Love the wash cloths. Oh, Lucy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and knitting!
    Long distance friendships are great...sometimes weird, but still great. I just spent two weeks with my best friend I hardly get to see. By the end, we were both a little sick of each other, but I still love her!

    ReplyDelete