Wednesday, March 20, 2019

200 Stitches and 2 Washcloths

Greetings readers!

Yesterday I did finish the 200 stitches on Pirate Ship and Thordak after several wonderful interruptions.  Wonderful, in this case, is not sarcasm but honest to goodness WONDERFUL.  A few sales in my Etsy store....and Lucy.


There were some stitches that were done a few years ago that needed removing and re-stitching so the new stitches could be stitched in correctly as well. Gosh it's looking so good!  Pretty soon all that will be left to stitch are waves of water.


All the stitches done in Thordak have now left me with my favorite part of these particular pages...the lavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  I love how the colors go from purple to bright yellow, oozing out of the black.  

After the stitching was done, Lucy came out for a visit and decided that she needed deep tissue belly rubs so she could poop.  I'm wondering if she really needs the belly rubs or if she has concocted an elaborate ruse to make us think that she's in dire need of belly rubs to help her digestion.  Either way, the poop happened and she was bouncy and happy again.  Still feeling skeptical, but who am I to deny such a great dog a belly rub?  It seems she was also motivated to begin digging a hole for the new swimming pool we didn't know we were installing.  My son laughed and said, "Nice try Lucy!"

Since yesterday was Tuesday, it was time for Nancy and I to watch Talks (a show talking about another show called Critical Role).  It's only an hour long, but I did manage to finish a washcloth that's been on my knitting needles for two years.  I'm almost out of washcloths!

In 2012 I taught a co-worker how to knit.  She was so thrilled with the learning that before she left Alaska and moved to Florida, she knitted a bunch of washcloths for me and bought this very cool orange basket to put them in.


As you can see, the washcloths are on their last breath.  Let's not forget that there used to be so many more!  For some reason I don't usually have a dishwasher, that job fell on me most of the time.  I'm down to three but I can say those washcloths have done their duty admirably!


This is a great basket that's been in my various kitchens for quite some time and will continue being there until the end of time!  The entire gift is so very treasured.


Here are the new washcloths.  These two are a little bigger than I'm used to.  The cloths I make next will be smaller.  Since I have a giant spool of the cotton, I'll keep making the washcloths until the spool is devoid of cotton.   I believe it's Sugar and Spice.

I cannot tell you how much I love these washcloths compared to the scrubby sponges, terry cloth and whatever else they are being made of today.  The seed stitch helps with that little bit of scrubbing everyone needs to do, the cotton holds up under duress, and I can't wait to have a super full basket of washcloths again!

I have some things to do today so I'm not sure any sewing will get done.  This bothers me as I'm off my schedule and need to get back on track.  It will happen eventually.

Hopefully your day is spectacular in every way!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

10 comments:

  1. Great progress on your stitched pieces. I love the dish clothes. Think I need to get back into crochet or just learn to knit and make a few for my own use, so much more hygienic than sponges that never seem to come clean. Take Care & Happy Stitching. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy I cannot gush on enough about how great these washcloths are compared to store bought! Knitting and crochet is always a nice way to pass the time in case you need a break from stitching or want to make quick gifts!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting your stitches done Carla. I love the pirate ship. Can you tell me the name of the chart and designer please? Love your wash clothes. Green is my favorite color.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chart is "Pirate Ship" by Unconventional X Stitch, but there's a catch to get the pattern for free now. It's only free to anyone who is a member of the Stitching Pirates group on DeviantArt and even then it's only available when I'm ready for another deluge of requests. When I give out the free pattern (PDF so that goes through email) I also mail out the matching needleminder. The last time I gave the pattern out there were many people who only joined dA to join Stitching Pirates for the free pattern and minder. I think out of those 20 or so people, we ended up with 3 members who are still thrilled to be part of the group. I felt a little used by that so haven't been inclined to give the pattern and minder out in awhile. :(

      Delete
  3. Great progress!!!! It is amazing how these prices come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress!! Izzy likes to demand belly rubs too. I think they just feel good haha. Nice of her to pay you back though with a new swimming pool hole haha. Lovely basket and how neat to make your own wash clothes. I love the color of the thread. We got addicted to that Scrub Daddy that was on Shark Tank if you've even seen it. Love how well it does with dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm confident the whole pool area will be dug before too long and we might have a pool to enjoy by mid-summer! I've never tried a Scrub Daddy, and might need to get one and give it a go to compare. :D

      Delete
  5. Great progress, the lava always was my favourite part as well! And I love your new washcloths! You know, for some reason, I always though those were for washing YOU, not your dishes! This makes so much more sense and I think I might need some as well now. I do have some pretty cottons, so let's have a look...some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two years on the needles! I love cotton dish/washcloths. They're so awesome for scrubbing action! My favorite are the star stitch ones but man they are so horrible for tight knitters hah.

    My cats sometimes pretend to want belly rubs. One loves them. One is 50/50 a trap. The last is always a trap don't do it! At least they don't need them for poo; I'd never have skin left on my hands again ahaha

    ReplyDelete