Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Just a Little Wind and Snow

This morning was 38 F and raining with some wind.  Not too bad.  Suddenly a 10 degree temp drop and the wind is howling and I have no idea what's happening outside because I am snug in my RV,  blind down and curtains drawn, rocking side to side as the wind blows.


So yeah, this is happening now.  Hopefully this is the last of horrible winter weather for everyone!  

I tried to look out the window to have a peek and here's what I got:


So the rain had suddenly frozen on the window and the snow is sticking to that.  It made me laugh, I mean, one expects to be able to see out of one's windows and there's ice interfering.  It's funny to me.  There was a little area of window I could see through...


That black fence on the other side of the white not road is actually the football field for the high school...which is closed today thank goodness.    I haven't heard a truck or car go by all day! Confidence is high that the shops in town are closed.

Now that you have today's events, here was yesterday's after I did my stitch 100 stuff. 

The Mamluk SAL part 3 pattern was going to be posted yesterday and I had just informed Galdra (Magical) that I was going to lay around on the couch and maybe have a nap while I waited for the hour and 19 minutes to pass so I could stitch that one up.

Right after I get settled and am figuring out whether I want to watch a movie or something I get a ding on my com alerting me that someone has sent me a message.  It was Magical.  She had no picture of the March Mamluk part 3.  

I say "gimme" and she does and I whip out the next section and take a picture for her blog. Happy to help and save the day!



As I said yesterday I was going to stitch on Weaver's Bird SAL, but ended up doing something else and for the life of me cannot remember what I was doing.  I think I was cleaning more, which explains why I cannot remember!  Who wants to remember doing chores? (shudder)

One thing I did notice yesterday was the garbage truck in the alley.  I heard them.  I saw them.  I asked myself why they were picking up trash on Friday?

Yeah, I know.  Yesterday was TUESDAY which is the normal trash pick up day.  But yesterday, when I saw the garbage truck, it was Friday.  In my mind.  For, like, five minutes.  And I didn't even question myself.  

I think it's just safer if I stay inside my RV today.  I think there are some classic movies I should be watching, with nap included and then maybe some stitching.  We shall see.

If this storm has already run over you, is running over you now or is headed your way, I hope you are safe where you are!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! That's scary weather! Yes stay indoors and cocoon and stitch :)

    Thanks so much for coming to the rescue! I'm so glad you were able to do it so quickly! Don't forget you double saved me... you also did the Blackwork SAL <3 There was much heroing done by you yesterday <3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all my pleasure! And it was a comfy day inside yesterday :D

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you got to stay inside yesterday and were nice and comfy :) I was worried the heating would fail again due to the cold.

      Delete
  2. Stay warm and safe Carla. Love the piece your working on. Where do you live?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I live in Colorado now, been here for almost two years after living in Alaska for 35.

      Delete
  3. Stay inside...the ice will eventually melt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took all day, but throughout the day I chunks of ice and snow fell off of the RV. Tomorrow and this weekend will be much warmer :D

      Delete
  4. Brr Stay inside and safe and sound. We are getting it tomorrow. Right now just wind and possible storms. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Looks like we are lucking out this time. I forget the days all the time. I have to look at a calendar multiple times a day to just remind myself what day it is. So don't feel too bad. Great work on part 3. Glad you were able to help out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you aren't getting any part of this storm! I guess it was my turn haha :D I'm glad I'm not the only person who has no clue what day it is!

      Delete
  5. Hooray for hero Carla, but boo for that blizzard! I hope it has the decency to stay away now.

    ReplyDelete