Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Things

Took Lucy to get her hair and nails done today and since I had two hours to kill I finally went into the sewing shop, Sew Downtown, in the same strip mall.

All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS!!  There were pretty quilts hanging on the walls, patterns and finished pieces all over the place........and fabric...so much fabric.


Each aisle was full of potential.  1920's small prints, cabin in the woods flannel, a beautiful array of Batiks...


...all in fabric type order and then according to color.  I was blown away and wished I had money to spend as there were MANY fabrics that should come home with me.


Did I mention the smell?  That smell of fresh fabric?  Granted, I do spend quite a bit of time at Joann's, but to find such a cute store like this was a definite cherry on top of my day.


I will be going back there again with money in hand next time.  The shop is owned by a mother and daughter duo.  They also sell sewing machines and the BEST part is you get to test drive every machine before you purchase.

When Lucy was ready to be picked up she desperately wanted to show off her St. Patty's Day scarf.


Lucy is so incredibly soft!  I have no idea what product was used on her but the softness was wonderful.  Her nails are lovely as well.  I've explained to her that she is a dog, not a velociraptor and should have her talons trimmed.  She agreed, but begrudgingly...I am not one to spoil someone's dream of being whatever they want to be, but the talons had to go....cannot believe how fast they grow!

I hope your day was beautiful and full of love.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

12 comments:

  1. Lucy looks pleased. Quilt shops are such a tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy loves being pampered except for the nails. And yes, that quilt shot was so wonderful!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt shop. Glad you found it. Lucy looks beautiful indeed. Izzy needs to get her nails done probably this week. She hates it but she knows she needs it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found it too! Your Izzy should totally have a spa day! :D

      Delete
  3. Beautiful little quilt shop! I feel like small print fabric is becoming absurdly hard to find. What a shame, it's usually super cute! Lucy had a nice spa day. I usually just sit on the cats to trim their claws and give them a Good Treat for their troubles (they don't even care lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you need to trim the cats nails you should call me, my daughter calls me the Crazy Cat Lady because I used to rescue cats and am a pro at clipping nails!

      Delete
  4. Lucy looks pretty and her bandanna looks fun. I get overwhelmed in the quilting stores. I so want to learn to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to learn is to just start! Actually I have two books by M'Liss Rae Hawley called Fat Quarter Quilts and More Fat Quarter Quilts which helped me learn the ins and outs. They really helped me to understand how to put the pieces together :D Also, you are using fat quarters which means if you decide you don't like it you won't have a bunch of fabric hanging around doing nothing.

      Delete
  5. beautiful dog and looks like a wonderful fabric shop to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are every in the Greeley, CO area, you should definitely wander in!

      Delete
  6. That shop looks like a great find, and Lucy looks so content after her pampering session!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently she likes the people who do the bathing...pampered princess!

      Delete