Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sumptuous Sunday


Today is the Fully Finish Gallery 2019 post!  I have to thank Gracie over at Needles, pins and Dragonflies for the motivation to FFO something.  I read her blog post yesterday about her feeling frustrated because she wants to stitch and do crafty things but her hand is still giving her grief after her surgery.  That along with being busy doing all the things other than stitching had my heart going out to her.  I vowed to do the crafting for her.  I hope she's proud of what I have accomplished.


The finished stitched piece was from the December 2006 The Cross Stitcher Magazine and is called Snowman Tree by Imaginating.  I began stitching this piece on December 8, 2013 and blogged about this being a self induced Christmas Challenge.  Sadly the pictures from those posts in 2013 and 2014 were dumped by Google at some point for reasons unknown to me, but eventually I will have all pictures put back.  

So, there I was yesterday, standing in my livingroom thinking, "What should I do today to put some light in Gracie's day?"  I looked over at my basket of stuff that needs to be FFO'd and grabbed the bag on top, which was the Snowman Tree.  


The fabric is old and it's been in the bag with the stitched piece since January or so of 2014.  I am so in-love with this!  


The light bulbs and snowflakes are beaded for extra bling.  It's nice that years later I can stand back and still appreciate something I've stitched.  Every time I look at it I clap my hands and smile like a lunatic.

It being Saturday yesterday, I hadn't planned on making any project bags.  This was for Gracie after all, so make them I did.  Grabbed up the Route 66 pre-cut fabric and we have fun bags for travel!


These will get posted in my Etsy shop later today.  I want to keep them!  I have driven Route 66 end to end  several times in my life.  If these project bags dredge up fond memories of those family road trips, may I recommend that you have one for yourself?

Once done with these I felt compelled to sit down and get some stitching done on Thordak just so there would be some stitching in the mix.


Finished stitching all the black on this page and my Timesheet app is showing a lovely pie now.  Of course, now I have to fill in the lava, but going from black to bright yellow doesn't hurt my feelings at all!

Today is also Floss Tube day which I'll be doing later and everything is set up and ready to be shown.  Since today was Spring Forward on the clock (why are we still doing this??) naturally I woke up early and have to wait for full daylight to make my video which is why there is no video in this post today.  Check it out later this afternoon and hopefully it will be posted on YouTube.

A glorious start to the day so far!  It is my greatest hope that today be full of love and stitching for everyone.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

26 comments:

  1. Super cute finish. I am wanting to attempt to do a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wall hangings are super easy! Let me know when you want to try it out and I'll gladly walk you through it :D

      Delete
  2. What a cute couple of snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a lovely finish!! I need to figure that type of finish out too. Seems to make sense to me just looking at it. We'll see if I can actually pull it off sometime though. The Route 66 project bags are very nice. Remind me of all the fun traveling we've done that's for sure. Thordak looks great. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little beaded lights and snowflakes! I think it's awesome to still appreciate a stitch for a long while after doing it. Maybe that's why I'm so picky (and slow) with patterns! The fabric is really cute for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowman tree wall hanging came out great! Wonderful project bags, and glad you got to do some regular stitching as well - looks like you're making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It has been wonderful! A little sewing in the morning, stitching in the evening.

      Delete
  6. I love "our" finish! Snowman are so cheerful. Thank you for thinking of me and putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all "our" pleasure :D I know how it feels to not be able to create due to issues, and I'm so happy you liked what "we" did haha!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for joining in the SAL, especially as you chose a long-finished piece. Good for Gracie for helping you out there! Both the project and finish are lovely and adding the beads for bling was a great idea. I just can't believe you created the hanging in one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel I'm thankful to you for creating this SAL! Small hangings are easy and quick and really don't take much time at all! If I were going to do some serious hand quilting it would have taken more time, but the basic hanging is all I needed.

      Delete
  8. Love seeing fully finished works - not only stitched :) I'm not really good at it - usually put my works in frames, but finishes like yours looks much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! It's super easy, give it a try sometime and don't be afraid!

      Delete
  9. Super finish! I'm not very good with the sewing machine so I appreciate anyone who can finish this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, this is all straight stitch on the sewing machine...sew straight one way, iron flat, sew straight the next way. VERY easy :D

      Delete
  10. A beautiful wall hanging Carla, the design is one of those bright and happy ones and more so with the added beads, great finish and also the very useful project bags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheryl! I try for colorful and festive if I can get away with it :D

      Delete
  11. That's a totally awesome finish! I didn't realize you never fully finished the snowmen, but I love them. Also, Thordak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's been so long since I finished the stitched piece it is no wonder! And Thordak, because DRAGON!

      Delete
  12. It came out great! The fabric is a perfect match! Well done!

    ReplyDelete