Thursday, March 7, 2019

It's Thursday!

Even though two naps happened with an early to bed situation, I did manage to sew up two project bags, get a page finish and do the 10 stitches on another project.  Pretty proud of all that.

First up are two project bags.  Even though I woke up at 4:00 am yesterday morning, all I could make were two.  I really thought I could make more, but two was it.


These are now in my Etsy shop for your viewing pleasure.  There are three more to make with this fabric and then on to the next!!  I still have Route 66, a couple of Mary's Disco Bags, some colorful bubbly watercolor, Sunflowers,  a whole mess of Halloween and a few Christmas...so much left to do!  Hoping my Sullivan's order gets here since I will be needing those black zippers soon.

After nap #1, I started filling in on BAM with the last two colors, got tired and went for nap #2.  Keep in mind, I am very active while sewing, there's up, there's down, there's walking here and there, and then Lucy, so it's not like I'm a blob laying around in case you were wondering about the being tired...just remnants of being frozen.

Last night I did finish page one of BAM while on the phone with my brother.  He was more excited than I was, ha, ha.  


Dang that looks so cool!  So, this blue line is the top of the mermaids head right before the waterline.  The next page has an eye and I can't wait!  

Next up is THORDAK THE CINDER KING! (actually known as Fire and Ember).  For those of you who do not know the story:

In July 2016 the Fire and Ember SAL started and at that same time Vox Machina (Critical Role) was battling it out with the Chroma Conclave...the most powerful dragon in the Chroma Conclave was Thordak the Cinder King.  From the description and the artwork that followed, Fire and Ember filled that perfectly.  Granted, Thordak was destroyed by Vox Machina...but I don't believe it....it felt like a loose end that wasn't followed through completely....which is fine by me because as I stitch Thordak, so shall he come back to life and avenge himself on Vox Machina for destroying the eggs he was protecting......I mean, it could happen, right?  Even though that game is over....the story is still there....and besides, those dragons were forced into being evil and band together sort of and enslave people to do their bidding...I digress...

Anywho, I threw Thordak into the hoop and stitched my 10 so I could put that in the UXS stitch a thon since it is a UXS pattern and because trash talking alone doesn't always do the trick...one must show how one is so much more powerful than other stitchers by not stitching one, or two but three pieces during the month of March and the UXS Stitch a Thon...or I'm just going overboard, tee hee.


This is another one of those pieces that I love stitching on and wish it wouldn't end.  Luckily I have 12 pages left so it will be awhile before I finish.  I just love the colors.  Rotating  BAM, Thordak and the Pirate Ship this month should see some progress on all three.

It's nice when you love what you are stitching, isn't it?

Have a beautiful day, have some cake (or brownies if you are Katie) and do something nice for yourself today.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching. Yes it feels wonderful to be in love with what you are working on. I LOVE that feeling. The needles just fly. I do the same thing when I have a sewing day. Yesterday I finished up two pillows out of old finishes for the FFG SAL this coming Sunday. I was wore out. Up. Down. Over here. Iron. Sit. Sew. Iron. Check computer information. Sew more. So I understand.

    LOL The brownies are gone. We finished them last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! yes, sewing should be a sport! I'm sad your brownies are gone because I still have cake...I might take a picture for you :D

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we have days like that and you must remember progress is progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I think I achieve looking at things and thinking that I should do something. o well, I'll take a bitty bit of cake if there's any left since Katie ate all the brownies lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I will share the cake! Granted there's only one piece left, but it is really good and who am I to deny anyone of chocolate cake? :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, so BAM actually IS full coverage! I must have messed up somewhere and thought you said those 10 stitches were all you needed to finish the page, silly me. Congrats on the real page finish now, and Throdak is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete