Saturday, March 2, 2019

Blue Angel Mermaid

Rising from my sacred nest, the first thought on my mind is my new start.  After opening curtains, seeing the snow coming down, taking meds, stretching, looking at the snow a bit more, finally I settle down to read blogs and chat with friends. 

I keep looking at my project and thinking something is off.  I have stitched a bunch on it already, but something..........is............off.


Granted, it's first thing in the morning, my eyes aren't even halfway open and yet......

I break out the ruler.  What I have stitched so far is a little over 2 1/8 inches...if I had a ruler with cm and mm it would be more exact, but I digress....so measuring the top of what's stitched I take that measurement across and realize that I started my first page 1.5 inches too far right.


The ruler is set where I should have started as it is 8.5 inches across...this is very......not annoying, what's the word I'm looking for?  Surprising?  In my exuberance to start I did not triple check my starting point!  For some reason I thought I had a three inch outer border which I didn't because my notes clearly state I didn't need that much because the end result will be a wall hanging.

Egads!! That's about 300+ stitches that need to be ripped.  Optimistically one could say it's better to rip now than later.  I am grateful I caught this now and not when I made it to page 4 and thousands of stitches later notice I'm right on that right edge ha, ha!

I'd better make some tea and get to ripping.  I think I knew last night that something was off but ignored it because it was so exciting to be stitching this piece.  Well, that's all water under the bridge, time to rip and sip.

Please stay safe and warm today!

Until after the ripping.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

16 comments:

  1. Oh no! Ripping out is not fun. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello on my blog today. I do not have an email for you so commenting here. I have only been tatting about 5 or 6 years.... right now everything is hard for my hand! Just taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ripping happened :( My email is Akazaus@gmail.com. If I'm still a no-reply blogger I apologize. I thought that had been fixed but obviously it has not!

      When I have some time and dig out my tatting goodies, I will have to ask you all the burning questions about tatting....like "how does the shuttle work?" and "Is it easier with the big needle or in hand with the shuttle?" I have many many questions :D

      Delete
  2. The frogs have certainly been doing their rounds these last few weeks! I'm sorry you've got to do some unpicking but, like you said, you are definitely lucky to have caught the error before you'd stitched too much. Happy re-stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I AM happily restitching and am excited to show new progress tomorrow :D

      Delete
  3. Ohhh no! So glad you found the mistake now. I hate those mistakes. They are the worst. Hope it comes out and goes back in quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no - but as you say, better it find it now rather than later...here's to trouble-free stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 300 or a future one zillion (or probably better to restart at that point lol)? Maybe this project wanted to get all the frogs out at the start and then never again~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry the frog visited you but lucky that it was sooner than later. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually glad it happened when it did! A little mental preparation never hurt anyone!

      Delete
  7. Oh my! Good job catching it so early. Remember what happened with my dragon?! It worked out alright in the end, but it certainly was nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I did that back in 2009 with Celtic Peacock haha!

      Delete