Sunday, March 3, 2019

Blue Angel Mermaid...AGAIN

As you know, yesterday morning I had issues.  Figured out that my starting point was off to the right 1.5 inches too far.  No problem.

I ripped all the stitches out (300+) and unrolled the scroll frames and thought, "If I'm over too far, maybe I'm down to far as well".  Thank goodness for that thought!  

I was too far right and too far down.  Then a rogue black Sharpie marker attacked the fabric.  I'm not even sure how it happened.  I looked down and there was marker on the fabric.  You know how something happens and you just stand there looking at it confused and unable to believe what you are seeing?  So, brain not working I thought a little bleach would help.  It helped to make white circles with black dots in the middle.  Not attractive.  This fabric may be a new sample fabric for my pen ink dying when I get around to it, ha, ha.

Brain kicked in again and reminded me there was still a giant piece of this fabric in my fabric drawer so all is fine.  Pulled out new fabric, sized it again to the same size because now I know where I went wrong and the measurements are already in my head and if I tried to do something different....like put a real 3 inch border on, I'd end up messing things up again.

Edges were sewn to prevent fraying, attached fabric to scroll frames, measured again, fabric marker in hand and marked the true starting point.


Fresh, clean, and ready to go!  Turned on the Timesheet app and went at it with vigor!  In no time at all I was getting that re-stitch done and feeling pretty good.

Today is my brother's birthday.  He is the one who will receive the finished wall hanging and while we chatted I put in a few confetti stitches.


I'm going to save the last 10 stitches on this page for tomorrow morning which is the start of the first week of the Unconventional X Stitch Stitch a Thon.  Before picture, stitch 10, After picture.  Easy!

Once that's done, it's time for THORDAK THE CINDER KING.  He will get some love and a page finish.  After that it's Pirate Ship, and now you know the March rotation.  I have Magical's SALs I'll be working on as well, but my main pieces are the UXS patterns. I love the challenge I have set for myself and am looking forward to achieving this small goal.

Below 0 F last night and that reminded me of everyone who is living in colder climates.  Stay warm, stay safe, have coffee or tea and love each other with hugs and words of affirmation.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had some spare fabric you could start again with! You have certainly had some trials and tribulations with this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I figured if I had to order Aida I might as well order a giant piece...pretty smart since I really didn't need all that...but then I DID need all that haha!

      Delete
  2. Good thing that you had extra fabric on hand. You have a good start and the colors are pretty.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I think the Aida was on sale on 123Stitch but I honestly can't be certain. If I order fabric it's usually a too large piece just in case....for obvious reasons ha, ha!

      Delete
  3. Glad you're back on track with this one, and that you thought to double check the counting before restarting. The Sharpie accident sounds like it was meant to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know how the sharpie was even there! Without a cap! I'm still mystified but it's all better now...some mysteries will never be solved ha, ha!

      Delete
  4. Back on track that’s what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you have it all sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might have cried if I didn't have that huge piece of fabric :D

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to get it restarted on a new piece of fabric. Seems like that first piece was just doomed. Sure looks great now. Good luck with your goals for the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, DOOMED by a Sharpie!! I still have no clue how it got on the fabric! It's like one moment I'm looking at ripped section, unrolled for measuring and the next minute there are big dots....I have no idea!

      Delete
  7. Looks like the Mermaid didn't want to be started before your brother's birthday after all! I hope it'll stick this time around.

    ReplyDelete