Friday, February 22, 2019

Physalis Surprise

Today has been weirdly busy.  Went and filled a propane tank, then came home and talked to my brother on the phone while I finished printing out the labels for the boxes I'm sending.  Drove to the post office and dropped of said boxes and then went home and checked the mail.  (bass ackwards)

It seems I should have checked the mail first since there was a slip in my mailbox telling me there was a package waiting.  Into the car and to the post office for round two and there is a big box waiting for me alright.  I'm confused!  I don't remember ordering anything from the Czech Republic and yet here is this lovely and huge box!  

I race home at a blazing 20 mph (any faster and I'll be home now with tickets in hand) and rip open the box and find.....


The glass is intact and everything!  Now you are wondering why I have a beautifully framed cross stitched object d'art from the Czech Republic....welllllllll........

Two years ago one of my fellow Stitching Pirates and I were talking about our stash.  She had this pattern for the Physalis and I asked her if she would trade for it or allow me to buy it from her when she was finished stitching it.  She said she would stitch it for me and send me the finished piece.  That was exciting to hear and one thing I do love is something stitched by a fellow stitcher...makes it far more precious to me than something I stitched.

When she was finished she let me know it would be framed and she was sending it.  That was January 25, 2019.  Needless to say I completely forgot about it and couldn't figure out what I had ordered from overseas.  When I pulled this beauty out of the box I couldn't believe my eyes!

I love everything about it....EVERYTHING.  Have you ever received something stitched by someone else?  Were you over the moon?  

Time to hang this beauty in the perfect spot!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing. What a wonderful surprise. I have received a few things from other stitchers and they really are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love receiving things stitched by others and agree, they ARE treasures :D

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful!!! My sister has stitched me a piece and a mail art, I do treasure those. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is MY PLEASURE to share this lovely piece! I'm still screaming with glee over it :D

      Delete
  3. Wow. The frame is perfect for that gorgeous piece. Yes I've received a few pieces. I agree with you they mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that frame something else? The entire frame job is perfection and I wish I could teleport the framer here from the Czech Republic to frame some things for me :D

      Delete
  4. Another WOW, what a lovely surprise to receive! That is a treasure for sure, such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still have to hang it up, but I can't stop touching it and staring at it!

      Delete
  5. It's perfect - I've always loved this design and wouldn't mind stitching it myself, but I doubt it'd look as good. That frame is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW you could stitch it just as beautifully! Now you know you can ask Thrinn if you have questions since she has stitched it :D

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, and the glass survived which is like quadruple wow! Gorgeously framed too! I have received some lovelies from others! I love all the work that goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I mean HOW can glass come around the world and not be cracked or shattered? It's AMAZING to me :D I will certainly cherish this forever plus another forever :D

      Delete