Saturday, February 16, 2019

FNSI and IHSW!


Friday Night Sew-In was last night for me and the night before for those in Australia.  So what did I do for FNSI?  Nothing crafty!  That's right!  I grabbed up my son's dog since he wasn't home and brought her out to my 5th Wheel.  Then I spoke to my oldest friend for awhile on the phone, my son came out to visit for a bit and left because he had a date so I kept Lucy over night....I kind of like sleeping with her, then had a conference call with my siblings which was fun and then finished with staying on the phone with my brother playing a quiz game.  I loved every moment.  


Can you blame me for not getting any sewing or stitching done?  Seriously, just LOOK AT THIS FACE!!

I know many crafters are animal lovers so she should thrill you to no end like she does me.  Since I cannot have cats anymore due to allergies (super sad about that) I'll have to make due with my son's dog.


Speaking of Lucy, she's currently sleeping.  A dog that sleeps in!  She's covered up in blankets and snoring away.   ADORABLE.


Even more goodness, this is IHSW!  International Hermit Stitch Weekend.  Since Monday is President's Day I will consider that part of my weekend and stitch for three days.  Odd Clover is going to get stitched on if it kills me!

My teapot is at the ready, going to do the dishes and start laundry...wait...what IS this madness?  CHORES?? SERIOUSLY??  NOPE.  I have no idea where that came from but it is UNACCEPTABLE.  The only chore that will get done is making tea!  It's all about the stitching this weekend.  Need to find a good audio book to listen to though.  I have tons so that's not a problem!

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their lovely comments and supportive efforts (hugging your mom for me, Katie, such a sweet gesture!), and I do hope that you all are happy, safe, warm and fed.  Remember to do something nice for yourself or someone else today!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

4 comments:

  1. Lucy's a sweet girl, of course you'd want to spend time with her.
    No chores, tea, and stitching... sounds like a great weekend! Even better that it's not over yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I didn't get to the tea and I definitely haven't stitched yet, but my three day weekend isn't over yet!

      Delete
  2. Lucy is adorable. I agree...that face how could you ignore her indeed. Glad you forgot about those pesky chores. They can wait. No problem. My mom has lost her mom so she said to send you a squeeze from her back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is seriously adorable, and I am glad she's keeping you company. I hope IHSW went well for you, I'm sure I'll find out soon!

    ReplyDelete