Sunday, February 17, 2019

All the Fabric!

I have no idea what's wrong with me but I just cannot seem to get into some serious stitching!  It is and isn't horrible but then I've been tired lately.  


What I did instead was finish making my own stitchy bag.  It's made from the same poppy fabric I made my giant project bag out of and is now safely tucked in my mermaid bag for travel stitching/crochet projects.


I really like the way I made this compared to the previous bags.  I've been considering some different ideas for a roll out stitchy bag, or a flat fold, but haven't played with ideas on paper yet.  I'd like to do a flat fold with flannel on the inside so there is a built in floss pad.  We'll see what I can come up with.

After I finished this, I still felt like playing with my fabric and decided to start on the cutting of all the fabric in my overflowing tote.  So far I have cut the final chunk of the pretty Halloween fabric...those bags are already going to Germany and the Netherlands.  I found more Halloween fabric I may end up cutting for project bags.  Two Christmas fabrics have been cut and one Christmas fabric left to do, then on to the other pretty fabrics.  

I need to make room for new fabric since I only want to have my one tote and not a huge stash.  With what I have now, the lid won't snap shut soooooooooooo, too much fabric.  

I also found the fabric for Joe's Quilt that I had started sewing strips together for....apparently out of sight out of mind is truly a thing and I feel bad since it should have been done with that over a year ago!  No need to panic since the strips are cut and ready.  All I have to do is sit down and sew.

Right now there is a 60% off one regular priced item at Joann's!  Tomorrow I go for batting and vinyl and since batting is so pricey, you know where that coupon is going.  By the yard is cheaper and with that coupon....YEAH!  I'm excited...unless I can find a bolt of that thicker interfacing which can also be pricey...we shall see.

This evening we went to see Alita: Battle Angel and it was pretty cool.  We are eagerly awaiting the next movie.  Directed by Robert Rodriguez which was surprising.  I've been a fan of his since El Mariachi, and with this new kind of movie that he is directing, learning from his mistakes on the first movie should make the second one better.

Now I'm going to finish cutting that last hunk of Christmas fabric and head to my nest for some well deserved sleep.  I hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

9 comments:

  1. Your little sewing bag is gorgeous and I do love the little accessories. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually make these little stitchy bags with the biscornu, needle book and scissors for prizes and gifts, so it was about time I made one for me :D

      Delete
  2. Love your cute sewing bag and accessories!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually make these little stitchy bags with the biscornu, needle book and scissors for prizes and gifts, so it was about time I made one for me :D

      Delete
  3. Since I used my new sewing machine I've been having fun collecting fabrics when I see them. Love all your beautiful fabrics. I'll enjoy seeing what you make. The bag you made is too cute. We did one like that in my local stitching group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOOO, I'd sure like to see what you have picked up for fabrics :D The stitchy bag is a simple pattern but a little difficult to sew quickly haha...round is hard :D

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling of a lid that won't shut 🙄 lovely fabrics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I thought it was annoying but thinking on it now I'm happy to have the stash :D

      Delete
  5. So much pretty fabric! I kind of want to go see Alita, but those eyes! I just can't get over them...

    ReplyDelete