Friday, February 15, 2019

Yesterday's Stitching and Gifted Gorgeousness

As you know, yesterday was the Sweetheart Secret Stitch Blog Hop put on by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  THAT was so much fun!  It really helped to make yesterday at work so great.  If you want to just roam around and look at all the LOVE, I seriously recommend it.


Yesterday at lunch I pulled out the February 50 x 50 pattern and decided I didn't want to stitch across as I have been.  I considered how the sides would look.  If I stitched across I would end up with sides that didn't look like the top.  Did I really like how the top was looking so far?  Maybe if I were to stitch the top the way the sides were going to look then it would be more pleasing? Gave it a try and love how it is looking now.



I think you may agree this was the smarter move.  I finished ripping that top row out last night to clean it up.

Last night was Critical Role with Nancy.  I grabbed up my Odd Clover, which is a gift for my daughter, and a new thread for more confetti fun, which turned out to be a few grouped stitches here and there.  

It seems I need simpler patterns to work on while watching Critical Role and this one can be complicated with the confetti.  Just those few stitches really did make a difference!  I hope to work on this all weekend....I mean after I run errands....but then, do I really need to run those errands?  What errands?  I guess my weekend is free after all!

BEFORE

AFTER
I asked Nancy what I should do since I didn't really feel like stitching on Odd Clover and she said, "Why don't you bobbinate?"  Yes, why don't I!  I have all the stuff now...no idea why it took weeks but remember the free gift of the extra floss box?  Apparently it is as it should be.






Roy leaped into the JodyRi Salad with ripper in hand and we began to bobbinate.  Four skeins into it and I realized the reason I didn't feel like stitching or anything else was because I was tired.  Dang it.  I'd have to say this is my number one reason for not liking to work full time...it leaves me tired at the end of the day.  Annoying is what it is. POOP.


Since tonight is the Friday Night Sew-In I'll get more bobbinating done and HOPEFULLY be able to show off more than four.  I already know I won't be stitching tonight so I might as well bobbinate until I cannot.

Today, for my brother and myself, is the 10th anniversary of our mother's passing and for the first time it isn't difficult.  I'll be calling my brother tonight and maybe play some WORDS with him too.  It really is a beautiful day today, and I hope that wherever you are, you are safe and loved.

Until Next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

14 comments:

  1. Love both of your WIPS...they are so very pretty. I keep all of my DMC Threads on Bobbins. I have my GAST on a Ring and in a small plastic storage box.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! All my DMC is bobbinated and my JodyRi will be as well EVENTUALLY :D My Sullivan's is in baggies, WDW, GAST, Colour and Cotton are all in tiny, stackable tote boxes.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful progress on both WIPs. Love the beautiful thread colors you were able to get done. Sleep likes to intervene in our hobby doesn't it? If only we didn't need sleep or to do things like laundry haha. I'll give my mom an extra squeeze in honor of yours. I bet she was wonderful woman just like you. Have a great weekend! I'm off to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! Sleep does interfere but it's necessary. Thank you for hugging your mom for me. My mother had her moments but my brother and I refer to her as our "crazy mother". I just wish I knew the things I know now back then because she was who she was for reasons that I now know and understand. I still love her, crazy people need love too, right?

      Delete
  3. Lovely work on your Wips, Odd Clover certainly looks like it needs full attention. Bobbinating is very satisfyingly - it's great to see a floss box full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, Odd Clover needs to be finished. I agree that a full floss box is definitely a wonderful thing to behold :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, I changed your linky because it went to your home page and not this specific post.
    Nice work on the Clover but honestly, lifes too short to bobbinate! I'm a Floss-away Bags Gal through and through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Jo! Thank you for fixing my link! I agree that bobbinating is so very time consuming, but it had already been started and I need all of those flosses in the boxes bobbinated. My Sullivan's flosses are in the bags, thought I'd try the bag method and have to admit I'm not liking the boxes I'm storing the floss in right now. I'll be investigating other box options tomorrow tho

      Delete
  6. I like the colours in Odd Clover, that's a cool looking piece.
    All that floss, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Thank you! Odd Clover has such a great story behind it and I hope it turns out really well :D

      Delete
  7. Nice work on both your projects, Carla!
    I was going to bobbinate Friday night too! Don’t know what happened though ..... it didn’t happen!
    Maybe next Friday?!?
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Friday nights are great for that! I say "Maybe next Friday" OFTEN!

      Delete
  8. I love the Odd Clover...I can't complain about you moving slowly on it, this way I get to see it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to bobbinate my floss too but it will take me ages! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete