Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Ding Dang Confetti

Okay so I whine maybe a little too much but confetti drives me over the edge!  The good news is I'm almost finished with the top three parts and can move on to another leaf of the clover or even the stem.  
But confetti seriously makes me cranky.  You know how some stitchers die if there's a French Knot somewhere or if there are twenty thousand miles of backstitching?  Yeah, well confetti does it for me.  One or two stitches here, cut floss, move to different spot, one stitch.  Grump, grumpity, grump.


This is looking really pretty so far....it really is.  It's for my daughter so that's a plus and motivates me to continue with the dang confetti.

SURVIVOR has started to that's my prize for doing all the confetti stitches today.  Even though it slows me down, it WILL get done.  

Image result for survivor edge of extinction

Are you all a lover of confetti?  If so, tell me what it is about it that makes you happy.  I'd sure like some words of affirmation about it!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

12 comments:

  1. I try to avoid confetti as much as possible. Like you, I just don't have the inclination for the odd stitches here and there, even if the results are stunning.
    I've got a number of HAEDs started which I know I need to tackle at some point. I think my solution will be to work with one colour at a time so even though I'm going to be constantly cutting and re-anchoring at least I won't have to keep re-threading the needle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAED's are so big!! I have a few and have been too terrified to start one :D

      Delete
  2. I'm lazy and do my confetti cross country stitching style - too many single stitches can come loose.. so I just leap across to them (working in a hoop means no puckering and other stitches will help anchor the slightly longer threads hehe)

    Yes.. I know.. but no way will I do single stitches if I can avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what I've been doing on Odd Clover, like I showed you today!

      Delete
  3. I don't mind confetti but I'm weird haha. I do the parking method because it just works for me. I don't mind rethreading the needle. This sure looks beautiful with all those color changes. Good luck. You can get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, parking....that scares me because I'd forget which thread was for which symbol and then the ripping will happen haha!

      Delete
    2. When you park you put the thread is the hole where it is used next. You won't get them mixed up. If you look up tutorials online it will be more clear. It's actually pretty easy to figure out.

      Delete
    3. Ahhhh, well that definitely makes more sense :D I will have to try it and see how I like it :D

      Delete
  4. I understand your hate of confetti but this piece looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say that I love confetti, but if there is an end to it, is doesn't bother me too much, either. It's so pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and tell myself it will end eventually, I guess I'm too impatient :D

      Delete