Thursday, January 17, 2019

One Hour Lunches and Gifted Gorgeousness

I have one hour lunches.  I drive over to the park and eat and then spend 45 minutes doing...........NOTHING.  Shameful, right?  Today was the worst and I sat there wondering which projects I should bring to work on during this long period of time.  I walk on my breaks and am up and down the stairs and running back and forth to the file room during work hours so just sitting doing something enjoyable would be wonderful.

So here are the three things I could take:

1) Crochet gloves (I have 4 pairs to make)
2) Knit wash clothes (A giant spool!)
3) Cross Stitch smalls (50 x 50, 25 x 25, Ornament of the month, NFSAL)

Decided on one Chickie Bag in progress and the two balls of yarn for the four pairs of fingerless gloves.  Nice and easy and I have that pretty mermaid bag I made which should be used.

Also, I decided to join Gifted Gorgeousness put on by Jo.  I have a few projects this year that qualify!

Currently the Gift I'm working on (besides the gloves) is the Odd Clover.

Managed to get another hour and a half of stitching in which made such a difference!  Can't wait for the weekend to really get some stitching in on this!  If all goes well we might be looking at a finish very soon.

If nothing else, I hope this helps motivate others to get some stitching in every day!

Have the most beautiful day, eat a cookie, go for a walk.....

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Katie I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog.....I look forward to more Starfish :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I still enjoy stitching during my lunchbreak, it's a nice way to switch off from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree and THANK YOU for continuing with GG...been watching it go on and kept thinking about it :D

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to work on a project during your lunch break,your work is beautiful ,hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl! I hope you are having a beautiful day as well :D

      Delete
  4. Glad you have time to stitch during lunch. Enjoy!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It was awesome and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. Years back I had a long lunch break and loved it. I used to keep an alarm clock in my car and set it so I would remember to go back into work!

    ReplyDelete