Saturday, January 19, 2019

Friday Night Sew-In and JodyRi Floss Salad


Came home after work yesterday and, as promised, set to work on that massive amount of JodyRi floss.  You see why I've felt it was so intimidating?


I set those negative thoughts aside.  Sat in my comfy chair, placed the suitcase of awesome on my lap with the floss box on top and began the process of bobbinating.

Then I thought I needed to watch The Kingsmen (both first and second movies).  Sad to say there was more watching than working, but even at the ridiculously slow pace things were going still managed to get some floss on bobbins and in the box.


The suitcase kept slipping so it was necessary to put the floss in a giant salad bowl.  This made it seem like there was less floss.  Containers of various size and shape always make a project look more or less than they are and the salad bowl certainly makes for a colorful, and smaller task.


Obviously the floss isn't in order yet.  That will happen later after everything is done.  One thing is for sure; taking my time to slowly bobbinate every skein does allow for enjoying the magnificent colors each one brings.

I read this book called The Motivation Switch by A.J. Winters and one of the sections recommended breaking large projects into smaller bits to make it seem like less work.  I thought of doing that.  Taking the Limited Edition floss out and doing the regular first, but really...in the end, I have a beautiful bowl of floss to play with so why bother?  I'm already motivated to bobbinate all the floss.  

Even though it's taking time away from Odd Clover, I'm going to spend today bobbinating.  Spend the time now means I won't have to do later....something my mother taught me (she may have been crazy but she had a seriously awesome work ethic which my brother Joms has inherited ten-fold).


If you woke up today feeling grumpy, make your bed.  You scoff, but once that's done you can do anything you set your mind to for the rest of the day without thinking "this is too hard".  Try making the bed in my RV!  Limited space, stretching, struggling, getting tangled up...it's a serious effort!

When that workout is finished and I have a made bed, well my body is worked up from the work out, my small bedroom looks neat and if my son brings anyone over to "check out Ma's Shed"....there it is.

So, make your bed....not nagging here...just something to make you feel great first thing.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment