Sunday, January 20, 2019

The End of This IHSW

Limited Edition Floss
GOSH!  Can I say it was productive?  Yes.  Did stitching get done?  Not so far.  What did I do?  Well....

Friday night, as you know was FNSI and the start of IHSW (Friday Night Sew-In and International Hermit Stitch Weekend) where it seemed fitting to try and bobbinate all of my JodyRi floss.  Made pretty good progress even though I was distracted by two Kingsmen movies.  It was relaxing and fun.

Saturday rolled around and the plan was to stitch Odd Clover this weekend, but I still had a hankerin' for bobbinating that floss.  So I did....for about two hours.....and then.....


I couldn't stand it anymore!  I HAD to separate the Limited Edition floss from the regular series floss.  Once that was done, I then broke down the Limited Edition by year and continued with the bobbinating.


I've run out of plastic bobbins, my Sharpie fine point has experience some serious devastation and run out of ink, and.....I still have a salad bowl full of the regular series floss to take care of.

Thank fully I have Roy to help me as he does.  Had to spend time with him today since I sent his friend Hermie back to Alaska to live on my brother's boat.  We had a long talk about it and I think Roy will be fine now.  I'll keep him close for awhile until I'm sure he's feeling better.


Honestly, I think he's still sad...I mean JUST LOOK AT HIM!  I get it, really I do.  It's hard to have your best friend move far, far away.  Still, he'll stay close to me...so close.

Back to the issue at hand.  Bobbinating JodyRi floss is a bit different than DMC or Sullivan's or WDW or GAST....there are knots.  Two knots, then remove the tag, unwind and then re-wind.  That's why you go slow.

Started watching a Series of Unfortunate Events (read the books, loving the show) which, as you know, is distracting because of the sets and the colors and how the heck did they make this all so good?? (Neil Patrick Harris is a beast!)

Let's not forget that the colors of the flosses are so dang pretty, they have to be admired as you go along AND the ideas start stampeding around the brain about what you could stitch using this floss or that floss and...and...and..............

The Limited Edition are finished.  Tomorrow I will use my lunch hour to go to Hobby Lobby to get more bobbins and one more floss box so everything is ready for next Friday night.  Just the JodyRi Salad left to go.  


I have about two hours before bed and I'm too tired to get Odd Clover going so maybe a little more work on the 50 x 50 January pattern.  Roy can sit with me while we watch "Kiss the Girls" and make sure I don't mess up my stitching and have to rip...he's good like that.

Please have yourselves a lovely Sunday evening, hug someone and...

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

No comments:

Post a Comment