Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Went Offline For Awhile

Not that many people read my blog, but for me it is a way to remember things that I have done or thoughts I have had or projects I have started/completed or want to do.  I still enjoy the community.

For those who do read, well I went offline.  No FB, no dA, no groups, no Floss Tube, no real communication except for those very close to me.  It was nice.  Sadly while I was offline things freakin' changed.  The whole FB thing!  I go into groups and it's all different now!  Do I dare go onto DeviantArt and see what monstrous changes happened there?  Nothing like playing Learn-The-New-Way when you come back from a reprieve.  The only thing I did sort of keep up on was Instagram.

I'm not really complaining, it's just amusing to see how things changed in what I considered a short time.  Technology....it's here to hinder!

I haven't been stitching, except to start a new WIP that will be shared once I find a new place to live.  I sold my RV in Idaho and am currently at my daughter's house in Washington State.  It seems I am moving closer to Alaska as time goes by!

I have been working on crochet projects.  I started a temperature blanket at the beginning of this year which I am loving and have already planned the blanket for next year.  I made a really pretty mandala cake blanket/throw...


I really love how this one came out.  No pattern, just granny square forever and then I picked a border from one of my crochet border books and it came out so pretty.

The Temperature Blanket for 2022 picture I'm sharing was as of June 20th.  It has definitely come along since then, but for now here it is from June...


I love the stripes!  Once I get a newer picture taken this will be updated for your viewing pleasure.

Then I found a pattern by KAME Crochet Designs called "Aina Blanket".  The pattern is gorgeous and I love working on this when I have time.


I'm using the Lion brand Mandala "Sunset" cakes for this one.  The yarn is a bit different than the cakes I used for the Granny Square throw, but still wonderful to work with.

I also purchased another blanket pattern from KAME Crochet Designs and have the yarn ready for that once I finish the Aina Blanket.  

Hey, if you like reading post apocalyptic stories, check out Kyla Stone.  She really does her research on things she throws into her stories.  If you have Kindle Unlimited, the books are free to borrow.  Highly recommend!

That's about all for this time.  I do hope everyone is doing well, healthy, enjoying their summer and creating new pretties.


Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

2 comments:

  1. Considering this is one of the very first blogs I followed, I'm always happy to see some activity here, even though I've seen most of the progress already elsewhere :D Oh boy, if you haven't been on dA for some time, you're going to have a bad time coming back. It's alright though, one does get used to it, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I still haven't worked up the courage to get on dA! Still working on the finding a job thing and therapy. <3

      Delete