Monday, March 25, 2019

Stitch A Thon is On!

Technically the The Great UXS Stitch A Thon started around 6 pm last night in my time zone.  Not thinking about that, I worked diligently on a page finish.  Once finished, posted to the group and that's when I saw the questions and comments and the notification saying the Stitch A Thon was "happening now".


Because I wasn't paying attention to how many stitches I was doing for the page finish, I couldn't even begin to count that, so claimed it as a "freebie".  However, it's ON, like the DONKEY KONG.

Earlier today I glanced over at my floss box and felt it looked incredibly photogenic and took a quick shot of how awesome it looked.  Because I have approximately 43 million UXS patterns, I have plastic bobbins with the symbols on them and it makes it easier and faster to stitch when I don't have to keep looking at the color key.  Pretty sure none of my competitors (okay maybe two) read this blog so this trick will go unnoticed for the most part during the frenzy of the stitch a thon.



There I was stitching away, being repeatedly interrupted by Lucy who wants out, wants in, wants out, wants in, wants out, wants in, can't decide what she wants, gets rubs and hugs, told she smells horrible, wants out, wants in, sticker in the paw, lays on the floor next to my chair and quietly whines, wants out.  This went on until 15 minutes ago when I put her in the house to eat.  Anymore interruptions and whining and I might have to yell at her which I don't want to do.  Yelling at a dog usually doesn't do any good (firstly) and sometimes rescue dog associate yelling with bad things and react badly (secondly).

For now, I'm going back to stitching, hoping the berserker mode will kick in at some point and my needle flies!

Until next time......KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great idea Carla. I have two kits that I gave up on because of so many threads and the need to move the chart to look at the color key. I see a trip to the craft store in my future. Great stitching. Been there with some of our past rescue dogs, never able to make up their minds. Take Care, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great Sandy! So what I did was print an extra key out and then cut all the symbols out and watered down some modge podge paste and "painted" the symbols on. By the time you are done with that process you can start bobbinating the required floss! It's also nice that they are reusable since Jody uses the same symbols in every pattern. It's too bad the symbols are for different colors in every pattern tho!

      Yes, rescue dogs are certainly a challenge while getting to know them, who knew we'd end up with a Diva! haha

      Delete
  2. I wish you tons and tons of stitches this week! Izzy does that to me all the time. I finally get done with everything else and then she demands attention. Gotta love them. Great idea with your symbols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Your Izzy sounds a bit more patient than Lucy who complains incessantly that doing human things like dishes or laundry or stitching is far less important than paying attention to her haha!

      Delete
  3. Your dog problem sounds like mine. I think they just want outside with the changing weather around here. Good luck on your stitching. I love the system you have for your floss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Symbols on the bobbins are a great idea for sure! I do get confused with different patterns using different symbols for different colours (or the same colours...like four different symbols for 310, for instance). I do love your page finish - that bottom row of pages was the most pretty thing ever!

    ReplyDelete