Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Oh the Struggle!

If you read yesterdays blog post, you will know that I'm trying to stitch like a machine so I can win the stitch a thon but Lucy isn't having it.  My son is in Ohio for the week so it's just the two of us.

At 7 pm I went into my son's house where Lucy had been put earlier and decided it was time to give her a bath.  She goes from not smelling to smelling horrible in a snap..which is weird because she smells nice for a week or so after the groomers get her, but this time BLECH!

Struggling in the bath, soapy, rinse, forgot the towels, went and got the towels, Lucy jumped out of the tub and gave a mighty shake, bathroom is now soaked, put towels on Lucy and dried and dried.  Considered blow dryer, but Lucy decided it was time to play tug.

I sat down to watch a movie and normally Lucy gets on the big chair with me and snuggles in, but for some reason she just wouldn't settle the heck down.  I have no idea why she's acting all needy when we are literally wedged in the big chair together, I'm scratching and petting and yet she's still unhappy.

Finally she gets off the chair and wanders off.  Usually I worry about her wandering off...like a child doing something bad...it gets real quiet when the sneaking is happening.  So I get up and look for her.  

The first time I look for her she's coming up the stairs from the basement looking like she did something bad.  Checked out the basement for surprises which would have been odd since she had been outside for "business" just a short time before.

The second time I looked for her, I found her in my son's bed.  Apparently it was time for her to go to bed.  Shut the light off and finished my movie.  I think she misses her boy (my son) and just wants to be where his smell is.


In case you are wondering, Lucy will "dig" and "bite" her blankets until they are positioned perfectly.  Sometimes she will stare at you intently until the blankets are put on her, but this is how I found her....ready for bed, blanket and pillow at the ready.  She slept until 10:30 am this morning.  She's like a dang teenager!

As for my stitching, half a page done which makes me sad because I can do better than that!


It's alright, it's only Tuesday and I'm feeling better about stitching today.  I'm wondering if Lucy is in League with the other stitchers participating and doing her best to keep me from stitching.  Pretty sure that's her evil plan.

Hope everyone is getting their stitching in.  I haven't read blogs lately and I so want to so I can see what you have all been up to.  

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

7 comments:

  1. Haha Lucy was paid by the other stitchers in doggy treats I bet. Hope she leaves you alone now. I bet she does just miss your son. I know Izzy looks for us when we are gone. Hope you get tons more progress done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I got progress done but the entire week was a struggle!

      Delete
  2. Lucy is certainly missing her pal, our dog used to tug and scratch the blanket or her bed until it was comfy, go round and round in circles then flip - and we'd get the 'cover me up'look haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Lucy just digs and then bites her blanket until it's on her. She's super special :D

      Delete
  3. Lucy is a teenager alright, but most adorable than most! Also, most teenagers don't smell nice for a week if they don't bathe, so you're in luck :)

    ReplyDelete