Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Windy Wind

Was tired last night so went to bed earlier than usual only to be rudely awakened by the wind.  Living in a 5th Wheel, it sure gets to rocking and my wind chimes go a little crazy.  The first time I woke up was to realize, "ah, it's windy". Went back to sleep for a bit and was awakened again slightly more annoyed because, "it's still windy" but it's not the wind waking me up periodically, it is the GUSTS.  

My first winter here was terrifying.  The wind and the gusts were so great I feared my RV would blow over.  It took all winter and many episodes of gusting wind storms to make me realize that it's fine.  The 5th Wheel is not tipping over and if it were to happen the wind would have to blow harder than 75 mph and with continued momentum.  Gusts are just annoying when one is trying to sleep.

I usually sleep through the wind, but apparently last night was an exception.  By 4:00 am I gave up  and got up to stitch a bit and watch the news.  It is safe to say the wind is the least of my worries where I live.  Two hours south there was a blizzard, highway closures, every plow truck in the state was out in force moving snow.  I was scared for the people who were on those highways that are open! 


I grabbed up my January 50 x 50 pattern and put more stitches into it.  Had to wait until I got to work to take a daytime picture.  I'm pleased to report that the true colors of the fabric and floss are evident in this picture.


When I first saw the pattern my immediate thought was Harlequin pattern, and decided to stitch two different colors.  It's really pretty.

The next decision I'll make is what to do with it.  I'm on the fence about two ideas so this is a wait and see.

This afternoon the Blackwork SAL block 1 pattern will be released!  I'm so not ready.  Haven't chosen fabric, haven't dug out the potential flosses, no prep done.  I've read the overview; do you think that helps? AND I talked to magical about possible floss choices.  It's also Tuesday which means I won't be getting to this one until maybe tomorrow night.  It's not a huge pattern.  Catching up shouldn't be a problem.

If you are required to be on the roads today and for the next several days, please be safe!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

No comments:

Post a Comment