Monday, January 7, 2019

January Neglected Floss SAL and TUSAL!


Now that I finished up the NYE, work can get done on the January neglected floss pattern.  Technically I should have had this one done before last Saturday as a model stitch, but wish in one hand and mud in the other.....


I'm using this piece of yellow sparkly Silkweavers Solo fabric I've had for years and years and years....and have tried to stitch 3 other projects on it and to no avail.  Maybe this time will be the one that sticks?  I think this month's pattern will look so pretty.  If you want in on the NFSAL, you can head on over to Magical's SAL or Magical's Blog.  


Next up is TOTALLY USELESS SAL!  I think I say it every year, but it STILL makes me giggle.  It's simple, not really a stitch along but still entertaining.  Get a bowl, baggie, jar, box...anything you can put stuff in and that will be your ORT (old ratty thread) receptacle.  I made my ORT jar from an empty Sapphire Gin bottle because it's so pretty and square.  I was gifted an empty Belvedere bottle which I've been slowly but surely smashing yearly ORTs in for a couple years now.  If I put my hand in there I can smash it down to the half-way point.  Either I'm not stitching enough or that's a big jar!

Yarn, thread and floss end up in my ORT jar.  I like to empty it after I make my monthly TUSAL post, but that hasn't happened regularly in quite some time, so I just emptied it when it was full instead.  I love my blue jar.  The top is crooked, there's a hideous crack that keeps getting bigger every time it falls, but it's still one of my favorite things next to my floss pads to have on hand.

Before I forget, I also have the ORT bowl that my baby bird made for me.  It sits by my sewing machine currently empty since I just smashed everything into the big jar.  Usually it's full to overflowing with threads, snips of batting, vinyl and fabric.



I hope this evening finds you stitching your cares away, creating something beautiful and feeling contented.

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carla...I'm just where you are this month on the TUSAL front...not a thread to share. Hoping that both your floss pattern and floss jar are filled up soon, to your liking. What a great blog! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karyn! For both of us there will be threads to share and project progress but it's always nice to start the year off with a clean slate :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful ORT bowl, love the blue color of the reclaimed bottle.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! If this one ever breaks I WILL be making another but first have to find someone to empty the bottle for me :D

      Delete
  3. Carla! What's going on, it's only January, and you have made almost as many blog posts this year as you did last year (actually, I counted and got to 13 for this year and 14 for 2018). Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just wonder where from you got that posting bug and if possibly I could get one as well?

    ReplyDelete