Monday, January 7, 2019

First Finish of 2019!

After all the sleepless days of the NYE SAL, it never occurred to me what I would make my finished piece into. 

There was some struggling to figure out what I want to do.  I don't want to make a biscornu.  Calm down, you all know I love to make biscornu, but this year should be different and biscornu shouldn't be the first thing I think of to make a pattern into.

This was stitched on 18 ct white aida that I pen ink dyed that brilliant blue.  If you are interested in learning how to pen ink dye fabric, wander over to "How to Get Rid of Those Old Crappy Pens".  Hopefully that helps.

In the end, a sparkling ornament that can hang somewhere for the winter seems like the perfect idea.  Now to find a wonderful place to show off this lovely ornament here in my tiny-ish home.


Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!


3 comments:

  1. I love the way this turned out. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! I always love what you do and am so pleased you like what I do!

      Delete
  2. It looks wonderful! I think I'll be boring and make a biscornu, but then I don't have as many of those as you do!

    ReplyDelete