Before I blather on about the progress of Merida, I have to insist you read Chiara's blog over at The Grey Tail. Is nothing sacred anymore? I'm disgusted, but I have to agree...it's best if we all go out of our way to show that 1) We own the pattern we are stitching and 2) We prove we own it by taking a picture of said pattern with WIP photos AND 3) Watermark or Stamp your photo in some way to hinder the thieves. Stitching is supposed to be fun, so on a positive note...taking pictures of the cover of the pattern is free advertising for our lovely designers and I'm all for that!
Lastly, don't forget #realstitchersdontsteal. I am not sure how the hashtag things works #Imbehindthetimes, but I did attach the link to the FB group so that it does something other than look like #thisgoesnowhereanddoesnothing. How do those work? Are hashtags something akin to Twitter which I still don't understand but try everyone once in awhile to participate? #confusedallthetime.
Well there it is, and now I shall continue ever onward with this Sunday's Stitch with Merida:
The excitement of finishing one color of hair was dampened this morning when I realized there was a slight problem.
At first I couldn't quite put my finger on it, so I began counting and glaring at the pattern, counting again.....glaring again...and so on.
After a bit, it dawned on me that I had done something wrong and I needed to remove a row of stitches.....I say remove as it sounds so much sweeter than RIP and I have no idea who came up with "frogging" but there will be none of that...so for Merida it is "remove", followed by "replace".
One complete row removed and that little sideburn lookin' thing...gone.
Time to count again. Something is still not right so I glare at the pattern for a bit. Glaring isn't working! It was this moment I glanced down at what I had stitched and knew in my heart that there really was something wrong but for the life of me I could not figure it out!
Ever have that happen? So I put it down, went to the bathroom...apparently it was time to GO....grabbed some coffee and chatted with the girls for a bit, had a nap, took my daughter to her work, came home, had a shower, went and had lunch with the girls, came back and glared at both pattern and stitching again....
AH!! EUREKA! I had not miscounted at all, I had skipped an entire row!
More removal had to be done so that I could replace the wrongful stitching with the rightful stitching and the planets will align once again.
What a relief that was. However, when you want something done right it is better to walk away and then look at it with fresh eyes AND after having some lovely lunch with your friends while drinking iced tea.
Don't you worry (even if I was worried) I did take care of that fuzzy mess. Normally I take a little bit of scotch tape and gently tap it, but this time I was afraid to do more than the gentle removal. It worked out in the end, I assure you.
Look at THAT! So pretty and you can't even tell there was removal going on. That extra row makes it look even better than before...at least it does to me because now I can continue with the next color.
Sadly I've spent too much time considering the wrongness, and glaring, to actually get any real stitching done today, but I am pleased with the fix and happy to note that at least I didn't have to start all over!
This is our stopping point for this Sunday! I hope you will join me next Sunday as I rip out all of my hair due to all the teenie, tiny, itty, bitty little stitches that go right underneath that newest row of stitches there on the left!
If you are more frightened than ever but still want to stitch one or all of the Mucha Princesses, head on over to Make it Pink and grab yourself a pattern.
If you just want to slobber all over the artwork itself, then take the leap over to Hannah-Alexander's dA page and check out her gallery.
Until next time.....Keep on Stitchin'!