Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Mamluk and NFSAL

Original scrap

Last night I was going to finish the January NFSAL pattern but decided to stitch up the Mamluk part 1 section instead.  It's a small piece and the sections have very little to stitch so in 1.5 hours I was finished with it.  

So Magical had started hers on a piece of PTP Gingerbread which makes it look like the original scrap of embroidery from 800-ish years ago, but she decided to do something else.  I LOVE the gingerbread fabric and grabbed a scrap of 28ct evenweave PTP Gingerbread.

I think it's perfect.  I'm still debating on what I will do with my scrap when it's finally finished.  Should I bury it in the backyard so in 800-ish years someone will dig it up and archaeologists will marvel?  Frame it?  Make a pillow?  Make a book cover?   Maybe research a little more and find out what people did with their embroidery once finished?  I have all year to figure it out.

Not the best picture to show off the gorgeous fabric and that blue is so rich!

On the next update I'll try and get a better picture to share.  Tonight I'll be working on the January NFSAL pattern and hopefully have some kind of finish for tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day and until next time.....

KEEP ON STITCHIN'!





3 comments:

  1. Love that blue on the fabric. Stands out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? If Magical hadn't started hers that way I don't know that I would have chosen it :D

      Delete
  2. I love that blue on that fabric...and dammit, now I want to do a cross stitch time capsule!

    ReplyDelete