Saturday, January 5, 2019

January 5, 2019 The 10th Book

                                                                                                                                                      Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Put bluntly, stop being mean to people by opening your mouth and saying awful things.  Say good things that bring happiness to others.

Remember that time you told your friend, co-worker or person you hardly know that they looked nice or you appreciated something they had said or done?  Like that.  Do that.

Day At The Beach 1 by Mattsma
It's like when you smile at a stranger with joy in your eyes and heart and immediately they smile and you have shared that lovely moment of joy with another who will mostly likely share it with another and so on.  Granted that's an action, but that's the concept right there.

Frankly, I am just as guilty as anyone else of being a mean worded/spirited person.  For no reason other than to be mean.  Gossip, deliberately making a person feel bad for the good idea they had, nay saying.  It sure is difficult to be nice when one is surrounded by bullies, isn't it?  But let's all try anyway.

For the rest of January, I'm going to try and say something nice to someone every day.  Hopefully it becomes a good habit that will continue for the rest of the year.  I wonder though, does it count if I make nice comments on social media?  That's already being done so maybe I'm more ahead than I thought?

Something to consider while you stitch.  

Have a beautiful day and until next time...KEEP ON STITCHIN'!



1 comment:

  1. That's a very good resolution! I think I might try and join you. I do think social media counts (people are being especially mean there, so saying nice things is just as important), but I'll try to do it more in real life as well.

    ReplyDelete