Thursday, April 30, 2015

April D.E.S.I.G.N. - Mike Vickery

I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the Vickery Collection.  If not, by all means wander off and have a peek!  

I have Cead Mile Failte as one of my Turtle Trot projects that I put the starter stitches in back in January but have just now pulled it out again as it's been calling to me lately.

The picture is very bright because my housemate is sneaking around installing LED lighting in everything and I forget when I went to take a shot to adjust accordingly...the fabric is a darker blue, but the sparkles are still just as sparkly.

You see why it's been calling me?  It will be so incredibly pretty on that fabric!

Now, I have stitched Celtic Emerald Cross by Mike Vickery back in 2007 which I loved and that was the first time I submitted WIP photos on dA.

The cross was my first Celtic anything and I really LOVED the pattern.  It stitched up pretty quickly even doing it 1 over 1!  Of course I had quite a few people screaming at me to stitch it up faster...that helped quite a but.

I seriously plan on buying another pattern and stitching it up, but the problem now is WHICH ONE??  How can one logically narrow it down to just one?

Originally, I chose Mike Vickery's patterns because they were knotwork and way back when, there weren't that many to choose from. Of course, not all of us had internet all of the time so my choices were limited to what I could find in the shops or in yard sales.

Now when I look at his newest creations I scream with glee!  The colors are so powerful no matter which pattern you are looking at.  

For me, the Vickery Collection is still my number 1 choice if I have the urge to check out or purchase knotwork designs...he never fails me!

Once I finish Cead Mile Failte I can say I stitched two in a ten year span.....and then I can purchase the next one!

Until next time.....Keep on Stitchin'

6 comments:

  1. Great choice. I have to be honest I am not that familiar with his designs. So I'm off to put that right now!
    Love the Celtic Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't really familiar with those as well. Sure, I had seen a few around, but didn't make the connection it was the same designer. I quickly glances at the page and there are a few lovely things there, will have to do more glancing later :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually done one of his yet, but I do have a pattern for when I get to it, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete