Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hamish and I

Have I ever told you about Hamish Macbeth?  No?  He is a creation belonging to M.C. Beaton (an author not a DJ) who wrote/is writing an entire series of books known as the Hamish Macbeth Mysteries.  If you haven't read them, please do.  Short and sweet and wonderful.

My point here is I have Hamish with me as I stitch up the Spooky Welcome and what a joy it is to listen to his latest "mystery" as I stitch along.  The only bummer about Hamish, as far as I can tell, is that he hasn't once been attracted to a red head (he is a red head) so I'm thinking that any romance between he and I will always be in my head.....OHHHHHHHHHH, that's right!!!  He's a fictional character so it is all in my head. A girl can have her dreams, right?

Almost done with one skein of DMC 310.  It is a seriously easy project, just larger than expected (or I'm just panicked about getting this done on time this year).  I'll post again when I get the first skein used up....which will mean 10 to go!

Really loving the fabric as well.  I did think about how more awesome it would be if I'd had the sense to order the crystal version of EEK! but Picture This Plus just finished with their Christmas in July orders and I probably would not have gotten the fabric on time.  Still, I'm going to love it just the same.

Not having to change out colors and only worry about counting lets my mind munch away on other ideas and the list of things I would like to get done and how to get them done and what I can change and make better. Thank goodness Hamish is with me right now to keep my head from exploding!!  I must get back to him now, happy stitching!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the start! That window looks lovely! The black looks wonderful on the fabric, even though you thought it was going to be brighter.

    ReplyDelete