Sunday, August 30, 2009

I absolutely LOVE cross stitch!!!


This Rainforest Series took me about three years to do. It is not particularly difficult, I just had things to do. I would stop and do other projects, or learn a new craft or obsess about something else but I always came back to this.

The actual series calls for these to be stitched onto an afghan, but I have decided to make a quilt out of it. I'm still looking for other similar "rainforest" critters or graphs to possibly add to this small grouping.

The backsides have been covered using that two way iron on adhesive and some white cotton fabric. It makes the square stiff, but also keeps the threads from coming loose with handling. It won't be easy to sew onto the quilt, but for long lasting durability of the cross stitch it was the best idea I could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment