Sunday, January 29, 2017

WIPocalypse...Mostly RIPPING

Question for this month is: What SAL's are you participating in this year?

I'm so glad you asked!  



The Fire and Ember SAL is a DRAGON so naturally it had to be done!  I started this in July 2016 and we are supposed to do one page per month.  I finished August and then the rest of 2016 happened and this is as far as this went until recently.  While working on the September page, I finished all of one color only to find out that at the top of the page I made a mistake that was just enough to have to rip out all of that stitching up to a point.


As you can see, this is quite a bit of removal of perfectly beautiful stitching and where the needle is pointing is where I will be stopping and starting again...yes...so much still to remove...thank goodness I caught it in time (*sarcasm*).



The second SAL is Carla and Leo's Halloween Stitch Along.  For those of you who read my blog or are a Stitching Pirate on dA, you already know that for the past couple years, Leonore (aka Fusainne) and I have put on a Halloween SAL.  Leo picks the pattern and off we go!  This year we are doing it again and even created a Facebook page for everyone to join us.  

The patterns that Leonore has chosen this year are from Satsuma Street!  The pictures I'm showing here are courtesy of the Satsuma Street Etsy Shop and are the patterns for this year's SAL.  You can pick one or two or all three to stitch...it's  up to you!  The owner, Jody Rice, is also a member of the group so I'm sure if you have questions for her you can post them on the Halloween SAL group page or just get on over to the Satsuma Street FB group page and shout out there.

 

We don't start stitching until August 15th so you have plenty of time to pick your pattern, get your fabric selected and figure out flosses!  Also, it is not too late to join the Fire and Ember SAL, we are only six pages in and still have plenty to go!

That's my WIPocalypse for this month!

Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry about the frogging - wretched amphibian! I really like the colours in Fire and Ember. I love the Halloween patterns, especially "sorry we're dead". Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always my pleasure! And please join us on our FB SAL. It's small, it's seasonal, it's fun :D

      Delete
  2. Oh no, re the Frog Prince's visit - how very, very annoying. You are in two great SALs, Carla - I especially like the Satsuma one and I have sent a Join request to the FB group. I love having plenty of lead time to a SAL. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poo on the ripping! I finished that and am halfway done with the re-stitch :D I hope you do join the group if you haven't already...Leo is all over the accepting members so if you have joined THANK YOU and I can't wait to see how you stitch up whichever pattern you choose!

      Delete
  3. I'm so looking forward to the Halloween one this year, the cat will be mine, and possibly other things as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cat...That is my first choice, but seriously I want to do all three. I'm hoping I can find a more appropriate fabric for Happy Halloween when I get down to Arizona and we go to all the stores :D

      Delete
  4. I hope the frog will have enough of you for this year (but please don't sent him over to my place...). The idea with the Halloween SAL sounds great and I think the patterns you are going to work on look lovely, I am excited for summer to see your work on them =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join us!! ONE OF USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

      Delete
  5. Boo for all the ripping happening, but I'm sure you'll be right back on track reeeally soon! Thanks for all the shot outs for our SAL, it will be so much fun having so many people on board this year ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frogs are the worst! I always try to fudge rather than frog myself but sometimes it's just not possible.
    I'm in various themed SALs and also your Hallowe'en one too. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! MORE MORE MORE!! uhm...people to stitch with us for the SAL NOT ripping and crying hahahaha!

      Delete
  7. Oh no! Not gonna lie I would have fudged it! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It HAD to be ripped...I honestly couldn't find a way around it :(

      Delete
  8. It's wonderful to watch you having so much wonderful stuff going on again! I haven't gotten around to watch your floss tubes yet (since my weekend has been incredibly busy) but believe me, I will!
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete