Sunday, April 21, 2013

Project 2 Segment 6 and Leaflet Project 1

That title sounds confusing doesn't it?  It will make more sense in a moment I assure you.

This weekend is the third weekend of the month and IS the International Hermit & Stitch Weekend.  Yesterday I spent the first part of the day working on Project 2 and got a fair amount done if I do say so myself!
While I was stitching I thought it would be fun to do a side by side comparison of my work with the section of art I was working on.  

It gives you a really great idea as to how far along I am on this and makes me happy to see that this section is almost completed.

I really love the colors I'm using for the hair, which would surprise even you!

DMC 154 was a big surprise for me, but it blends in so well with the browns that I'm unable to differentiate between that dark-ish purple and the rest.  

Last time I had stated I had found my groove with it and by getting so much done in one morning I decided I would open my binder of "need to do" leaflets and see what is first.

Going with the seasonal idea, I pulled out the first one that was there which is Joys of My Garden, Leisure Arts Leaflet 478 Book Two.  Somewhere on this planet it is spring, and I'm in the mood for flowers. 

There are eight patterns to stitch in this leaflet, of which I only intend on stitching seven of them.  I may do the last one since I just thought of something to do with it as I write this!!

All of the patterns in this leaflet are VERY easy and not very big.  I'm already halfway done with one right now.

Originally, I had intended to stitch the patterns in this leaflet for my mother.  She liked pink and this leaflet is full of pink.  Imagine my surprise to find these linen napkins at a yard sale for 10 cents each!  They are, or rather, were perfect for this project. I love stitching on linen, and these are so old and soft I still feel they are perfect for these patterns.  

That was 15 years ago.  This is how long I have held on to the leaflet and the linen napkins.  It would be easy to make excuses as to why I didn't stitch these years ago, but it just comes down to life.  My mother passed away a few years ago and will not enjoy the gift, but I'm going to stitch them up as I had intended and frame them, which was the plan, and hang them proudly for all to see in my bathroom (which is where these were going in her house).  

What is wonderful about this project is I don't feel awful or have emotional issues (other than the pink, which isn't my favorite color but this will be awesome anyway) like I did with Project 1 and should get through this leaflet pretty quickly. This leaflet actually has great vibes attached to it.  I have been many places since I picked this leaflet up at a yard sale and it has been with me ever since!

Here's the info:

Joys of My Garden Leaflet 478 Book Two 1986


Patterns included in this leaflet are:
Pink Climber
Pewter Blue (being worked on right now)
Idle Flight
Smell the Blossoms
Joys of My Garden
Garden Visitor
Edged with Eyelet
Little Things





This was three hours of stitching, and like I said it is a very simple pattern as you can see.

I should have this done this afternoon and get the hoop ready for the next one.

Quick, easy, satisfying!  I'm totally on board with it.  

Until next time.....

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big pink person, but I seriously love those napkins, obviously I should start going to garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is for some reason back then 15 years ago every yard sale seemed to be selling linen napkins and I don't know why, but I am down to just a few and might have to start hunting again :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the napkins progress! You are really in your stitching zone now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn right! Im even okay with having three projects going at the same time!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I will update when I get two or three done from this leaflet :-)

    ReplyDelete