Sunday, December 9, 2012

Biscornu Booty!

Usually, when I make a biscornu I just start stitching whatever comes to mind, or finding some blackwork pattern, or pieces of other patterns to insert into the mix.  Creating a pattern like this does take some time but it is always worth it in the end.

For the Stitching Pirates Biscornu Booty Contest apparently the "look" is going to be old country.  I took about 10 tea bags of this old tea to make the dye and submerged a piece of linen I've had forever to get this lovely almost burlap look.

I must have let that sit for a couple hours, but the end result, at least to me, is wonderful.  It smells like lovely tea as well.

This pictures shows half of what I dyed since I had cut the piece in half for the bisornu.










 this is side one and the remaining blank corners with have the same heart in each of them.

I really LOVE using the variegated floss for my biscornus.  It adds "something" to them and I get to play with the variety of flosses I have.

So for side one I'm using these.  I haven't decided how to do side two yet, but once this side is finished I can start thinking about the other side.





I haven't been able to get my hands on some of the other kinds of variegated flosses, but one day I will stock up on those as well.

For now it's just DMC and Weeks Dye Works.  Weeks Dye Works has some "seasonal" flosses that are spectacular, but the rest are very much like the 1264 Loden that has various shades of the same color with a little bit of lighter lime added.

Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Just goes to show that the "humble" tea dye is a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! For linen I give it a two thumbs up :D

      Delete