Saturday, November 24, 2012

Baby Blanket and Booties Segment 3 and Dr Who

I seem to get more work done on that baby blanket at work than I do at home, or so it seems.  Getting ready to attach the 6th ball of yarn today.  I am almost done with this and I'm excited to finish soon enough to send it off for Christmas.


Some of you are thinking "how big IS that baby?"  Well she's growing and I'd sure like for her to have a blanket she can use for more than two months, so it is kid sized and can go anywhere she wants it to go.  I cannot bring myself to make something that may or may not be used for a short time and then put away for an eternity to never be used again.  The booties....well, those are a different story but I'm hopeful they can be worn at least once.

Knit Picks sent me my order of yarn for the Dr. Who scarf and I am VERY pleased with the colors.  I'm concerned about the quantity but I can order more if I need to and since KNIT PICKS is so darn wonderful they will have no problem getting any extra I need shipped out to me pretty darn quickly.


I am VERY excited.  The pattern is ready and laminated so I can use white board markers on it to mark what I've done as I go along.  Hard to believe that this lovely pile of yarn will create a 12 ft long scarf!  I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. A blanket that size can be used for all sorts of things so it's good to make it bigger rather than smaller :)

    Those colours look great! If you do run out it wouldn't even matter if you had to use another colour than you have now as the pattern is so forgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried about running out since I had the good sense to get TOO MUCH, ha, ha. But you are right, it would be too easy to add a different color like it belonged :D

      Delete
  2. Those colours look awesome, and so does the baby blanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I went by one of the lists provided on the website and since I am a fan of knit picks, I went that route. They look amazing to me and the scarf should look as close to perfect as possible!

      Delete