Saturday, December 26, 2015

2015 Less Than Grande Finale-ish

Don't let the title fool you, OF COURSE it will be grande! Maybe even grandiose!  Or a delusion of grandeur even!

Let us start off with Tons of Tiny. When I thought of this one I had no idea there was another SAL out there that everyone was following so this one went over like a ton of well cemented bricks.  This was actually alright by me as I certainly didn't want to step on toes or try and undermine a SAL that was really quite wonderful!  However, the winner of this little bit of a SAL is Magical!  Not only did she stitch the most smalls for 2015, she designed the majority of them and sometimes stitched twice as each design was for a particular purpose.  She created things for her sewing box, stitched up patterned scissor holders, scissor fobs, ornaments of the month and I'm very positive I could be missing one or three she has stitched in between all of that!  What kind of prize do we give someone who has spent the entire year giving to all of us?  All ideas are welcome.



Magical is also going to continue the Ornament of the Month in 2016!  I'm all in! If you aren't in, you really should be.  Free patterns, excellent tutorials...she really goes all out on this project and is always available to answer questions.  I will update with a link when she has that up and ready.

Next up is the continuing saga of our beloved Teresa Wentzler!  Although she has her own blog, this particular SAL is for stitchers to show off what they are stitching up specifically geared towards TW patterns.  It is a quiet, peaceful blog for posting pretty things and will assuredly continue in 2016.  Join the TWSAL or stick it on your reading list, you won't be disappointed.


I will do my WIPocalypse in another blog post as I am a few months behind again. If this one continues I will certainly participate.  I love WIPocalypse!


TUSAL needs to be shown as stuff did happen since last time.

Most of the stuff in there is from work I've done on a few Chickie Bags. Although it seems like quite a bit was done, it really isn't so spectacular. Between the TW Tracery Ornaments and my Chickie Bags, there was some sewing done, but other than that...not much else.  Time to empty for the last time this year!  I will continue this one in 2016.


Turtle Trot is another really great SAL hosted by Claudette over at BAP attack.  If she continues the SAL in 2016, I'm all in!  I did manage to put a few stitches into all but one of my big 10.  I'm so easily distracted!  Thankfully the idea is to slowly but surely stitch away at WIPs until they are done.  At the pace I'm going it will be such a very long time.  Someday I will end a year with no WIPs or UFOs and start a new year with something new...just one thing...like that will happen but an old lady can dream, right?


Finally, I'm adding a new one from Stacey over at Crossed Stitches. She actually has two. The first one is the Christmas Stitching Challenge and the second is Finish it Up!  I'm going for the FIU. Something like this to push me to get things done is smart, and as I've been learning over the past few years, a SAL that is specifically geared towards one particular aspect of stitching does wonders to change bad habits and create good habits.  I need all the help I can get!


One last one to add as this is just perfect!  Hosted by Stitching Lotus and I couldn't be more thrilled!  I still have a gabillion smalls to stitch up from my stash and kind of hope I can get a few done this next year.  Head on over there and sign up today!


So there is that!  All cleaned up and ready to rock on into the next year with one last 2015 post for WIPocalypse!  I wish everyone happy holidays!

Until next time.....Keep on Stitchin'

10 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to do the finish it up as well. Possibly wipocalypse if it continues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'd like to do more but I'm going to be potentially starting my panel for Stitching George Washington in 2016 and don't want to have so much going on!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely doing WIPocalypse again, even if I was generally late, I WILL finish the TW that started it all this year, I will, I will. and then start a new BAP, but I think my carefully thought out order of go has gone down the drain,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, now I read that in your last blog and am curious about the new order of things!

      Delete
    2. No new order, it's updated so my Pinky princesses are there and the HAED's, but I plopped them on to the end and I don't think I can wait that long, especially Mulan. And I still have my Sock Monster to stitch

      Delete
    3. OOOOHHHHH! Mulan before a HAED? Very nice indeed. Sock Monster would be a fun start after Cindy and probably far more straight forward :D

      Delete
    4. Yeah, Sock Monster is pretty straight forward other than it's a ton of colours, though a small part of me wants to throw it back at Ashley now that she's comfortable with backstitch and embellishments. Actually for me, HAED's are easy looking, just big.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you will have a lot of stuff going on next year again...and I'l be excited as usual to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about exciting, but I didn't want to go hog wild since I have the potential start of the panel for Stitching George Washington. Trying to keep things relatively sane for the upcoming year...TRYING ha ha!

      Delete