Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Queen Bee Finish

Just a mini update!

Finished Queen Bee last night and came in third in the competition.  I'm pretty happy I placed, but am thrilled to see there are still so many others stitching away on the same piece in their various ways. As I've said in the past....it doesn't matter to me how many people stitch the same pattern, they all do it differently which truly makes it uniquely theirs.

My apologies for the hoop marks on this one, but I took the pic with my phone to get it up and shared.

Next step is to get it washed and stretched and framed!

I am really excited to see what my referral framer can do with this so I can give it to that woman in my office....and sadly I don't know her entire name but believe her first name is Michelle?  I'll check today to make sure.  

Told you all I don't know her, but what a great gift idea and surprise for a stranger.  This project is surely the epitome of serendipity.

Vinnie Stretch is back in the hoop, flosses and metallics at the ready and I hope to finish him by the end of the week IF I can remember how the song goes on that pattern...shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to hear the tune and I'll be off!



Until next time my sweet friends!

8 comments:

  1. Huge congrats! That is a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still in love with the bold coloring in it :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on that great finish! Please remember to take pictures when you give it to your stranger-lady :)

    So...if you can actually finish Vinnie Stretch by the end of the week, I officially declare you back on track with being totally awesome at getting stuff down! Now isn't that motivation? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I will get my crown back one way or another! Danke dass du mien freund!

      Delete
  3. She will adore it. And random acts of kindness make everyone happier. Glad to hear that Vinnie is back on, Futurecast (who needs a name, what do you name a pink dragon) will be finished right around the same time I would think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pitaya is a good name...it's the other name for dragon fruit and dragon fruit can have a "pinkish" outer skin....right?

      And by finish about the same time...you mean by Saturday? I'm going for it right after I eat and am hoping that in the next four hours I can get some serious stitching done as last night I kept getting interrupted by THE OTHERS...grrrr

      Delete
    2. See I should have read this first, forgot that I had already asked you about Pitaya. I'm hoping either her or the cabin, or even possibly both get finished on the weekend, but it might be a busy one, so maybe next week

      Delete
    3. tee hee! Goody! TWO finishes...but we both know our high expectations might do us in!

      Delete