Monday, May 19, 2014

Post May IHSW

Well, I have to say that as per usual the Saturday IHSW Hangout was a BLAST!  We only missed one of our girls, but the time difference is pretty bad so we don't always get to see her.  We send fun vibes out to all of those who missed it and hope you did some stitching at the very least .

Foxy Kitteh
What did I stitch this weekend?  So glad you asked! This was a cute little card kit that came with The World of Cross Stitching Issue 214.  I have to say that I really like making little cards like this and this might be my newest obsession second only to making biscornu.

I entered this cutie in the Puppy Love Spring Contest on Stitching Pirates. However, since I am a judge, my submission won't count towards anything but I do hope it inspires others to join in the fun.  

Originally I was going to submit Flowers for You from The World of Cross Stitching Issue 188, so that one is being worked on right now.  I've mentioned this one before in the After IHSW for April blog post but will show it again here now to refresh and revitalize your memory of this project.

As I have said before, instead of doing French Knots, I've replaced them with beads (the bead color DOES match the floss color that would have been used here). I've seen a few other stitchers who have just not done the French Knots at all and the end result is still very spring like and fun.

Now that I am officially on my layoff for the summer, here's hoping more stitching gets done!  I really want to yell READY, SET, GO!!, and I just might when no one else is around to wonder what I'm yelling about.

Oh, and since I'm on layoff, there will probably be more blogging as I go from YAY! to OMG will I ever work again......yes, you will be privy to that special downward mental spiral....UNLESS.....I truly am more ready for retirement than I currently think...hmmmm.


Until next time precious...Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a cute card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an adorable card, and remember your girls are here to pull you out of the spiral if it comes, until this, stitch on rainy days and go find creeks on sunny ones, have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well finding waterfalls up a creek are great on any day....I was just thinking about this particular idea this morning :D I'm thinking stitching now since it has suffered so much lately :D but then tomorrow I might wake up and think hmmmm, today is a good day to climb some creek.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love it too and if you click on the magazine link it will take you to where you can get the magazine that has the kit....they are not sold separately :(

      Delete
  4. Time differences suck, I really wish I could spend time with you at the same time you're spending it, and not only evenings when you've just gotten up :(

    On the other hand, your card is really cute and I can't wait for progress on the other one, and more blog entries, and more of you in general :D

    ReplyDelete